Support our 2018 season today, and help us reach our $10,000 matching-donation gift!
Our 2018 season
Cult of Orpheus is your local, all-original art-song and opera company. With a new troupe devoted to making new lyrical music, our fifth year is going to be our busiest ever – you can read about it, and our new troupe, in our season brochure. This year’s projects include:
- Sacred Works I, recording project and concert, featuring The Emerald Tablet, settings of Sufi poetry, selections from The Dhammapada, and two of Rainer Maria Rilke’s Sonnets to Orpheus. The release concert is on June 23, 2018.
- Antigone and Haimon: Tragic Opera in Two Acts workshop performance – we sing through Christopher Corbell’s powerful new opera, for an audience of supporters (all 2018 donors invited!), collaborators, and press.
- Fifth Anniversary Concert featuring the best of the past five years of original music, in a two-act show at Alberta Rose Theatre on August 25, with special guests.
- Happy Hour: Volume I, world premiere: a comic one-act opera performed in local dive bars. It’s at once a tribute to barfly life and an exploration of the possibilities of opera presented without pretension.
- Viva’s Holiday: An Opera in One Act recording project and concert, making the music of Portland’s favorite underground opera available for the first time in a professional full-length recording, released with a live concert performance of the music.
Oregon arts champion Ronni Lacroute has generously offered $10,000 in matching funds for this season’s Cult of Orpheus productions. This is going to be an enormous help toward our total budget of $42,000 for the year’s projects – but we need your donation to get there!
Fractured Atlas is a 501(c)(3) public charity. Contributions for the purposes of Cult of Orpheus are tax-deductible to the extent permitted by law.
John Roth • Greg Saul • Jessica Levay • Marilyn Scott • Gordon Campbell • [add your name here!]