Affirmation of Artistic Religion
1. I AM a conscious being, a natural incarnation of the universe’s power to create and share meaning, to experience wonder, to bear witness, to love, to dream, and to grow in wisdom.
2. All conscious beings, regardless of similarity or ability, are natural incarnations of the universe’s power to create and share meaning, to experience wonder, to bear witness, to love, to dream, and to grow in wisdom.
3. My love for all conscious beings rests in these truths: that we are in the universe for the same kindred purpose, sharing a common mystery that is deeper than the shallow divisions of society, more stable than the raging conflicts of history, stronger than weak-minded prejudice, and more profound than exclusionary creeds.
4. The purpose of individual work and life, and the purpose of collaborative work in society, is to manifest our living energy in accordance with these truths. We are here, each of us, for the creative realization and evolution of consciousness, individually and together.
5. All evident good liberates and empowers us for this purpose. All apparent evil regresses, obstructs, neglects, misdirects, or opposes our embrace of this purpose. The action of apparent evil is defective; it depends on and exploits but can never conquer or banish the perennially emergent good which incarnates anew with each conscious being’s birth.
6. When an individual, a community, a society, a world awakens and embraces these truths, this awakening overcomes and restrains the regressive, divisive, cynical, negligent, destructive, and exploitative forces in us and among us. This awakening establishes and protects peace, prosperity, and liberty for each conscious being to create and share meaning, to experience wonder, to bear witness, to love, to dream, and to grow in wisdom.
7. The mantle of this awakening is Art. Art is not a product of culture; Art is the fabric of culture. Through Art we develop practices of collaboration, channels of shared meaning, and the paths, shared or solitary, by which the individual soul evolves. Art includes all creative expressions and symbolic exchanges which aim at unlocking and supporting our capacity to create and share meaning, to experience wonder, to bear witness, to love, to dream, and to grow in wisdom.
Affirmation: I affirm these principles and devote myself to Art as the true religion of conscious beings, the Great Work which includes the truth, the beauty, the community, the insight, the peace, and the transcendence of all religions, mysteries, sciences, and endeavors toward higher consciousness.
By submitting this form, I affirm my devotion to Artistic Religion.